Without losing its urban, suburban or interurban Portuguese context, the main themes offered by the Spatial Planning and Urban Project Programme at the University of Porto, will be guided to the international debate on the environmental, social and economic field. In this sense, the Programme will follow methods of studying and understanding national urban planning issues and, by analogy, distinguished international cases.
Fields of Specialization
At a high scientific level, the course aims at his side specialization: to improve a professional training leading to the preparation of students as highly skilled technicians in the field of urban and environmental issues; to adjust the knowledge and training to the level of market requirements in specific work Portugal and the European Union; to promote in the academic or professional field advanced skills for technological progress, for social and cultural knowledge; to enlarge knowledge in the contemporary spatial dynamics area, and the theories and planning systems; to strengthen the capacity for critics, analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing new and complex ideas in the field of technical and scientific study; to assure the appropriate academic training requirements for the university teaching or researching career.
Specific objectives of the Programme are: to expand the areas of training at the level of undergraduate and advanced study courses in various topics of engineering education and, in particular, the specific area of the Master in Civil Engineering - Planning Option, allowing thus a wider spatial coverage of postgraduate education in territorial planning and dynamics and adjust that level to the requirements of specific labor market in Portugal and the European Union aiming, therefore, the attractiveness and mobility of students from different countries and the competitiveness and complementarily of training and education at FEUP and at FAUP, as well as in European and broader international institutions, at the university level of education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Urban Environment Quality and Planning
- Urban Forms and Structures
- Planning Transports and Mobility
- Urban and metropolitan Policies
- Spatial Planning System
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 3 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Portugal
- Citizen Card or Passport
- Copy of Vaccine Bulletin with the tetanus vaccine up to date
- Identification of Tax ID Number
- Declaration on honor that you are a scholarship candidate, where applicable (document provided by the services).
- Hold a bachelors degree or legal equivalent in one of the areas specified by the school/faculty;
- Hold a foreign higher education degree that is in accordance with the Bologna process or that may be recognised by the U.Porto as satisfying the requirements of a bachelors degree;
- Have an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that the U.Porto recognises as proof of ability to complete the course of study.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.