Further, in physical and non-physical subjects the students have the possibility to specialize in topical areas of physics. Students can design their M. Sc. course along their own interests, such that at the time of graduation they are specialists of either experimental physics of soft or solid matter, or theoretical and mathematical physics or applied physics. To this end the Peter-Debye Institute for soft matter physics, the Felix-Bloch-Institute for solid state physics, the Institute of Theoretical Physics as well as the external Leibniz-Institute of Surface Modification offer a wide variety of modules and research topics.
The International Physics Studies program at the University of Leipzig is research oriented and is concluded by an independent research project, the master thesis.By teaching a broad variety of knowledge and methodical competences it ideally prepares the graduates for an excellent start in the job market, which in the future will present great challenges with its rapidly changing demands.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Developments in Solid State Physics
- High Temperature Superconductors
- Biological Physics
- Quantum Field Theory and Gravity
- Molecular Nanotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics International Relations View 30 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed bachelor’s degree in physics;
- if the applicant holds a degree in a different subject, the examination board will decide on his or her admission to the MSc International Physics Studies Programme (IPSP). Admission is possible if the applicant’s degree is from a course of study which is related or similar in content to a degree in physics;
- knowledge of English at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (or equivalent).
- The faculty will check whether the above requirements have been met and then issue an official notification. This serves as proof that the candidate meets the relevant admission requirements.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
You will receive a fee notice if you have to pay tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.