Organizations that require graduates of the Master of Strength and Conditioning are those involved in physical training programmes to improve physical fitness in general, prevent the risk of injuries, reduce the risk of non-communicable diseases and improve overall sports performance including in coaching.
Public and private sector locally and/or abroad with units/divisions responsible for improving physical conditioning and competitive sports and those managing issues related to non-communicable diseases. These units/divisions require knowledgeable and skilled professionals to run their programmes effectively and safely.
The introduction of the Master of Strength and Conditioning at University of Malaya is in line with the needs of the 11th Malaysian Plan (RMK-11) and the National Sports Policy 2016.
Among the goals of the RMK-11 are:
- Chapter 3 Enhancing inclusiveness towards an equitable society;Focus AreaB, Strategy B5 – promote active ageing. Based on this direction, the MSC is able to fully accommodate the government's aspirations by providing expertise, human resource and professionals to run activity centers for older adults.
- Chapter 4 Improving well-being for all includes activities for children, youth and older adults. Focus Area F, Strategy F1, F2 and F3: Develop High-Performance athletes for global prominance like the 2020 Olympics. The MSC is able to fully accommodate the Government's aspirations by providing the necessary expertise, human resource and professionals to run programmes for both the wellbeing for all and high-performance sports.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Applied Physiology and Nutrition
- Advanced Biomechanics
- Advanced Resistance Training and Conditioning
- Physical Assessment and Technical Skills
- Professional Practice in Strength and Conditioning
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 5 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Malaysia
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree with CGPA of 3.0 and above in a relevant programme of study will have priority for admission.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree with CGPA of 2.7 to 2.99 may be considered if they fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Applicants with a Bachelor's degree with CGPA of 2.5 to 2.69 may be considered if they fulfill at least two of the criteria in (i) (A) to (D) above.
International5112 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7668 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National2970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4455 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- 18,374 RM National
- 31,623 RM International
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.