The Musicology (with Composition) program of University of Victoria, British Columbia hosts numerous, accomplished composers involved in both the creation and research of music composition, including jazz and improvisational idioms. Their works are performed at major festivals and concert venues both nationally and internationally.
As a graduate student composer at UVic, you'll have the opportunity to hear your music performed at:
- composer concerts
- colloquia & workshops
- reading sessions with guest artists
- the annual West Coast Student Composers Symposium
- the annual UVic Orchestra Reading Session
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Tuition in Composition
- Music Composition
- Seminar in Composition
- Seminar in Performance of New Music
- Seminar in Contemporary Composition and Performance
- MMus Graduating Compositions
- Start by reviewing the graduate school admission requirements; then view the additional requirements for our graduate music programs.
- Some programs have audition requirements.
- Applicants are generally expected to have a BMus or BA in Music.
- Applicants should have at least a B+ (or 6/9) average during the last two years of undergraduate study; all students must meet the University minimum academic requirements.
- Most of our degrees require two years of resident study, a final project/recital, and an oral examination (see our detailed course requirements).
- English language proficiency (international students)
International6499 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6499 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5182 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5182 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.