During this Manufacturing Engineering programme from University West, you will be trained to plan, design, develop and integrate processes, systems, machines and tools for production of high-quality products.
Outstanding features include integration of real work situations, access to advanced manufacturing laboratories and a possible paid work placement.
University West is Sweden’s leading university for Work Integrated Learning (WIL). The university was tasked with the development of WIL by the Swedish government 15+ years ago and continues to lead the field today. WIL allows you to put your knowledge and skills into practice within real-world contexts.
Advanced Laboratory and Acces to Experts
As a Manufacturing Engineering student you will have access to the Production Technology Centre (PTC) during your studies. PTC is one of the largest and newest manufacturing laboratories in Sweden, equipped with industrial research facilities such as metal powder and wire additive manufacturing (3D printing), robot welding and thermal spraying cells, machine tools and materials analysis equipment.
Here you will have the opportunity to do research and experimental work in collaboration with experienced researchers, engineers and technicians in the field of manufacturing engineering.
Companies of all sizes need manufacturing engineers to handle tasks and challenges relevant to manufacturing processes. These challenges include planning and development of manufacturing processes, development of new manufacturing methods or improving existing methods. From this master’s programme you will gain skills enhancing your career in different sectors of the manufacturing field:
- Operations management skills to plan and manage production units
- Research skills to solve problems in a variety of manufacturing fields
- Scientific fundamentals of manufacturing processes affecting the properties of materials, the performance of final products, or the economy of the manufacturing process
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Materials Science
- Operations Management
- Robot Certificate
- Robotic Systems
- Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments
- Academic Writing
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Welding Metallurgy
- Welding Processes
- Surface Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing
- Team Project
- Master's Thesis in Mechanical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 27 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, materials science and engineering or the equivalent.
- The degree must include at least 7.5 credits of materials science and at least 15 credits of mathematics including basic knowledge of analysis, linear algebra and statistics.
International12361 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12361 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- SEK 130,000 for Non-EU/EEA students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.