The Business Engineering - Operations Management master's programme at Ghent University teaches these disciplines both in a theoretical and a practice-oriented way. The specific content of the study that links business analytics and business processes with technology helps to translate processes into business models and organisational structures into information systems.
Business transactions within a single company and between companies in a supply chain, that include processes and the logistical flow of products, services and/or information, are studied thoroughly by data analysis techniques, conceptual or mathematical modelling techniques and techniques of decision making. These tools support the efficient organisation of resources in companies towards its common goals and objectives.
With a degree in Business Engineering you can follow different career paths. With their strong foundation in business economics, their broad knowledge of new technologies and their strong focus on quantitative analytics in production, services, logistics, marketing and finance, business engineers understand better than anyone else how to improve the efficiency in the various parts of a company’s logistic chain.
- Strategic Management
- Environmental Technology
- Human Resources Management
- Business-to-business Marketing
- Managing Service Organisations
- Implementation and Management of ICT within an Organisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 32 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The course is open to students with a least a bachelor degree.
- The Business Engineering programme consists of five learning trajectories. These trajectories should be present in the candidates’ educational background in order to be eligible for the master programme: economics and business economics trajectory (microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, marketing, etc), quantitative trajectory (mathematics), methodological trajectory (statistics, econometrics, operations research, etc), technical and technological trajectory (electrical and electronics engineering, materials science, mechanical and civil engineering, etc), trajectory operations and information management
- Admission can only be granted after an individual application procedure. The Study Programme Committee will make the final decision whether to accept the application or not. It can be decided that students need to follow an individual master programme.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.