Diploma MSc is a collaborative partner of the University of South Wales and on successful completion of this course, you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Obesity and Weight Management (Online).Obesity is a global epidemic and a leading cause of several major non-communicable diseases including Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some cancers. Prevention and management is critical in reducing the considerable health costs of obesity. The Postgraduate Diploma in Obesity and Weight Management will focus on enabling healthcare professionals to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to treat patients effectively.
OutcomesOn completion of the course, graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- A systematic understanding of the care of patients in obesity and weight management.
- A critical awareness of current issues affecting the care of patients undertaking weight and obesity management treatments.
- An advanced knowledge of obesity and weight management that will facilitate decision-making in unpredictable and/or complex situations.
- An ability to use knowledge to adapt professional practice to meet the changing demands of healthcare systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Adipocyte, Regulation of Appetite and Nutrition
- Obesity: Defining Obesity, Epidemiology and Health Risks
- Causation of Obesity and Weight Gain in relation to Disease and Genetics
- Weight Management: Diet, Exercise and Changing Behaviour
- Weight Management: Medical Treatments and Emerging Therapies
- Surgical Approaches to Weight Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 161 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
International3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.