The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Health Economics (Online) from Diploma MSc will focus on direct application to current topics, case studies and processes relevant to the student’s own remit and country of practice.
Having a specialist knowledge in health economics is an increasingly important asset and extra responsibility of medical personnel. Our Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Health Economics has been developed for NHS Managers, Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, CCG commissioning teams, CCG Pharmacy teams, Pharmaceutical Industry Professionals and other suitably qualified and interested individuals.
On completion of the Applied Health Economics Postgraduate Diploma, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the application of health economics in healthcare decision making.
- Critically evaluate current research in health economics for healthcare decision making.
- Apply a critical awareness of current issues in health economic evaluations.
- Implement health economic evaluations in clinical practice scenarios.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Economic Decision Making and Health Technology Appraisal/Assessment
- Principles of Obtaining Patient Access
- Health Economic Modelling and Analysis
- Understanding the Use of Data in Health Technology Assessment
- National and International Health Economic Decision Making
- Sub-National (regional, institutional) Health Economic Decision Making
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Health Administration Health Sciences View 160 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- Applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.