About Health Professions Education at University of Limerick
The Health Professions Education programme at University of Limerick will be offered in two formats to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals.
- Blended Learning - course code MSHPEDTPA (Face to Face and Online/Distance) - targeting those students who favour the social and collaborative nature of face to face learning.
- Online/Distance Learning - course code MSHPEDTDA – targeting those individuals who, for whatever reason, cannot present physically on campus. It is also anticipated that this option will provide the platform for targeting international students and alumni.
Key features of the programme include:
- Option of blended and online/distance learning
- Research led, practice based, interprofessional teaching
- Regular feedback and tutor interaction
- Innovative collaborative learning experiences with the aim of promoting a stimulating learning environment as outlined in the University of Limerick "Engaged Learning" strategy.
- Education Support
- Learning and Teaching in Health Professions Education
- Assessment in Health Professions Education
- Leadership in Health Professions Education
- Curriculum Development and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesHealth Education View 4 other Masters in Health Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first or second-class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or recognised equivalent), or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement, in a subject related to the health professions, education or management
- Evidence of a minimum of 2 years clinical professional experience in the health professions,education or management
International13664 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13664 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5532 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5532 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.