DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
The programme comprises five study tracks covering polymer technology from different perspectives. The programme is adapted to accommodate the students' diverse professional backgrounds. In each study track the students acquire expertise in polymer chemistry and polymer physics.
Students will spend 1 year at DTU/Lyngby Campus, 1 year at another university (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
Depending on the study track the students get specific skills in their chosen innovative polymer technology engineering topic.
- Advanced Materials
- Biomaterials Science
- Industrial Processes
- Macromolecular Materials
- Polymer Engineering
The Polymer Technology programme at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) will provide the student with:
- General knowledge and understanding concerning properties and use of polymeric materials, including knowledge and understanding of related environmental aspects.
- In-depth knowledge on how polymeric materials are build-up from molecular level to macroscopic level and the relationship between structure and material properties.
- General knowledge on synthesis/modification, characterization, processing and applications of synthetic and biobased polymers and in-depth knowledge in the selected specialization.
- Insight into current research front in polymer technology including the role of polymeric materials in sustainable society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Polymer chemistry
- Polymer physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Chemistry View 14 other Masters in Chemistry in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In the application, you must indicate your study track and second year university. You must also include a motivational letter.
- BSc or BEng corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits
- English language proficiency comparable with English B-level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.