The Social Policy (Online) course at University College Cork is delivered online. It provides a flexible approach to study for students with employment and/or care responsibilities; as well as those restricted geographically.
The course sets social policy in the context of the social sciences. The course is particularly relevant to those who want to apply for professional postgraduate courses in social work, e.g. Master of Social Work.
Students will also undertake a supervised 10,000 word, social research project on a social policy topic of the student’s choice (in consultation with his/her supervisor). This will be a desk-based piece of research, involving an exploration of policy and literature.
- Social Policy and Social Theory
- Contemporary Social Policy Analysis
- Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Housing and Homelessness
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Social Professions and Social Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Public Policy in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Higher Diploma in Social Policy (Online) is open to graduates who do not already possess a BSocSc (Hons) Degree.
- This is a conversion course and is designed for graduates of any discipline who may be interested in pursuing further study in the fields of social policy or social work.
- The minimum entry requirement is an Ordinary Bachelor’s degree (Level 7) or equivalent.
International10900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5330 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.