One of the programme’s qualities is its integrated skills training, in particular the value it places on cultivating the contribution of historical perspectives and methods for contemporary life and work. Students gain practical experience and skills by opting for a placement where historical and transferable skills are utilised.
The MA in History at University College Cork consciously builds on links with the media, voluntary organisations, the heritage industry, government and business highlighting the paths available to graduates.
The programme will allow you to develop your research ability by working on a dissertation reflecting your interests and you will be expertly supervised by leading scholars. The path to a career in historical research and academia is assisted.
- Making History Public
- Changing Directions in History: Transformative Historians and their Work
- The Insular World in Text and Image
- The Classical Revival 1250-1500
- New Worlds, Ancient Texts
- Debates in the Irish Revolution
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 61 other Masters in History in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be considered for admission to the MA in History programme, an applicant will normally possess an honours primary degree result of Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) (or equivalent) in History, or a cognate/suitable subject (normally in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or Law). For North American students a cumulative GPA of 3.3 is normal.
International16700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.