Participants in the programme develop the practical skills needed to flourish in the digital age, while also examining the impact of the digital on culture, power, and identity in society. Our programme fosters those new literacies of consumption, production and creativity essential in the contemporary world.
This course is provided by a diverse and internationally recognised team experienced in teaching, development and research in the digital arts and humanities at every level from undergraduate to PhD. This experience has been demonstrated and delivered using blended and online learning tools to foster student-centred, research-based learning.
Digital Cultures at University College Cork is a field that equips practitioners with the conceptual awareness to apply digital tools to research problems in the Arts, Humanities and related fields. It produces digitally literate interdisciplinary graduates ready to fill a variety of roles in the knowledge economy.
- Digital Humanities Institute
- Communities of Practice in Digital Scholarship
- Conceptual Introduction to Digital Arts and Humanities
- Humanities and New Technologies: Tools and Methodologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 6 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The entry requirement is an honours primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 1 (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Candidates who hold an honours primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 2 will also be considered subject to the approval of the programme selection committee.
- Some applicants who do not fulfil the usual entry requirements may be invited for interview to satisfy the selection committee of their suitability for the programme.
International16700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.