The University College Cork MA in Digital Cultures operates within and about the digital moment, developing knowledge, skills and critical awareness through praxis.
The MA in Digital Cultures not only develops practical skills to flourish in the digital age, but also to explore the impact of the digital on culture, power and identity in society. The programme fosters new literacies for the contemporary world - of digital consumption, literacy of digital production, of digital creation. Most importantly, the MA in Digital Cultures considers the moral and ethical implications and social, cultural, political and economic impacts of technology on human organisation.
This MA encourages a truly transdisciplinary engagement that is creatively enriching for students within a scholarly atmosphere. We offer a unique interdisciplinary opportunity for participants in a distinctive synergy within Digital Cultures. The programme offers an introduction into how digital tools and methods can be used in research and it combines innovative elements of theory and practice in Digital Cultures.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Getting Started with Graduate Research and Generic Skills
- Digital Humanities Institute
- Communities of Practice in Digital Scholarship
- Conceptual Introduction to Digital Arts and Humanities
- Humanities and New Technologies: Tools and Methodologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The entry requirement is an honours primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 1 (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Candidates who hold an honours primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 2 will also be considered subject to the approval of the programme selection committee.
- Some applicants who do not fulfil the usual entry requirements may be invited for interview to satisfy the selection committee of their suitability for the programme.
International16080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16080 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.