Cognitive Neuroscience originated from the collective efforts from domains as diverse as cognitive psychology, neuroscience, linguistics and clinical neuropsychology, among others, and the technological advances in the field of neuroimaging and computation.
This interdisciplinary Cognitive Neuroscience of Language program from the University of the Basque Country aims to discover the brain mechanisms that underlie psychological processes like the language.
The Master's program is aimed at university graduates with different degrees who are interested in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language. The duration of the program is one academic year with 60 ECTS credits. The students will develop research skills through the mentorship of experts and by completing internships and the Master Research Project at the end of the program.This Master's degree programme gives direct access to the Doctoral Programme in Linguistics and in Cognitive Neuroscience.
4 Reasons to Study this Master
- For the affinity of interests, there are not many programmes that offer academic training in cognitive neuroscience of language in particular, combining the brain and language research.
- For the international recognition of both the centre and its Chief Science Officer.
- It can be the core of your future research and professional trajectory.
- For the international nature of the centre, the diversity of profiles that are found here and the outstanding team of researchers who are in charge of the training.
Career Opportunities:The Master's students will have access to the most prestigious international centres dedicated to cognitive neuroscience, with a high probability of being accepted to do a PhD and to thus continue as a professional researcher in this field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods in cognitive neuroscience
- Quantitative methods
- Advanced Electrophysiological methods
- Cognitive psychology
- Developmental language disorders and educational neuroscience
- Language disorders: Aphasia and Dementias
- Multilingualism, cognition and neuroscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Neuroscience Health Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
General requirementsMerits assessment
- Student Record: Academic record of marks and other academic and professional merits. (50%)
- Test: Personal Interview. (20%)
- English: Advanced Level (First Certificate or equivalent) (20%)
- Other: Experience in statistical analysis and experimental design. (10%)
- University Degree in Biology
- University Degree in Computer Science
- University Degree in Lingüistics
- University Degree in Logopedics
- University Degree in Mathematics
- University Degree in Medicine
- University Degree in Physics
- University Degree in Psychology
International1800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA1800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.