The Department of Psychology offers programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
At the graduate studies level, we offer both M.A. and Ph.D. degree programs in our six core areas of Psychology.
Our graduate programs are oriented toward a PhD degree. Those seeking only a master's degree are discouraged from applying. Students with Bachelor degrees must submit their applications to the MA program. Please note that our graduate programs are not offered online.
Typically, students admitted to our graduate programs have a Psychology Honours degree or a Psychology Major with strong research experience, as well as excellent performance in psychology methodology and statistics courses.
All application materials must be submitted online. We require one copy of all official transcripts to be mailed to SFU Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for those offered admission.
The Psychology Graduate program from Simon Fraser University , offers specializations in one of the following six Research Areas:
- Cognitive & Neural Sciences
- History, Quantitative & Theoretical
- Law & Forensic Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Research Issues in Psychology
- Proseminar in Developmental Psychology
- Seminar in Developmental Psychology
- History, Quantitative and Theoretical Psychology Specialization
- Law and Forensic Psychology Specialization
- Research Issues in Psychology Proseminar in Law and Psychology
- Proseminar in Law and Psychology
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Seminar in Law and Psychology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 36 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.