The Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies program from Simon Fraser University, provides a strong academic approach, with core courses on feminist theory and methodology and a blend of advanced studies in specific fields, as well as directed readings for more individualized study.
Students develop and demonstrate intellectual and analytical skills, in accordance with the particular criteria of the level of study, and in consultation with their supervisor and supervisory committee.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Toolkit for GSWS Research
- Graduate Seminar in Feminist Theory
- Graduate Seminar on Queer/Trans Studies
- Professional Development Colloquium
- Feminist Cultural Criticism
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 37 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3258 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1629 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National3258 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1629 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Tuition charges are $1629.00 per semester, for the first 6 semesters of the Master's.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.