Qualified students will be accepted into the MA thesis program at Simon Fraser University only if, in the opinion of the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Graduate Committee, a suitable Senior Supervisor is available. Senior Supervisors will be selected only from among Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies faculty members, faculty members who have joint appointments in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies and another department, and Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Associate Faculty.A student with incomplete academic preparation for the MA program may be required to take up to 12 hours of additional work in the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies undergraduate program. The Graduate Committee will specify these requirements to the incoming student.
It is therefore possible for the Master's student to create, in co-operation with the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Graduate Committee, an individualized program of studies to suit her/his scholarly interests and goals.
The vision of the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies is to bring feminist, queer, and intersectional understandings to the analysis of power and how it operates locally and transnationally. We continue to build an interdisciplinary environment that nurtures and promotes critical research and scholarship, engaged teaching, and meaningful community service. We are committed to cultivating innovation, intellectual freedom, social justice activism, diversity, and transformative resistance to inequality.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Toolkit for GSWS Research
- Graduate Seminar in Feminist Theory
- Graduate Seminar on Queer/Trans Studies
- Professional Development Colloquium
- Feminist Cultural Criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 22 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The GSWS' minimum requirement for admission to a Master's program is a BA (BSc) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 for a thesis option and with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 for the course-intensive option from a recognized university or equivalent special exceptions may be considered.
- Please use your legal name on all your documents.
- Applicants must satisfy the Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Graduate Program Committee that they are prepared academically to undertake graduate level work in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
International3816 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1908 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3816 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1908 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.