The goal of the Women's, Gender, and Sexualities Studies graduate program at University of Saskatchewan is to create new knowledges, concepts and theories as they relate to diverse gendered and sexual identities and experiences, through the study and application of critical feminist theory, masculinities studies, queer and sexualities studies, and cultural and transnational studies.
This interdisciplinary program represents a creatively engaged response to present and future needs for leadership in schools, colleges, universities, non-governmental organizations, and the cultural, public and private sectors. Skilled employees and researchers trained in the theories, methodologies and applications of Women’s, Gender and Sexualities Studies are in increasing demand in local, regional, national and international contexts, both rural and urban.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Womens and Gender Studies
- Images of Gender and Sexuality in Popular Culture
- Gender and Popular Music
- Gendered Perspectives on Current Events
- Queering the Terrain Cultural Space and Queer Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 22 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.