The Education, Training and Skills programme at Bishop Grosseteste University provides a route into teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector for graduates, and leads to a robust teaching qualification, which is recognised by the sector.
The course features five specialist routes, for teachers wishing to specialise either in a particular subject/vocational area, or in English, Mathematics, Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) or Computing. It combines teaching practice, academic learning, and personal, professional development.
Teaching practice will be undertaken within an arranged placement in order to develop the teaching of your specialist subject. You may be required to travel to this placement using an appropriate mode of transport, which may incur an additional cost. You will be allocated a work-based mentor, who will typically be a professional practitioner with expertise in your subject or a closely allied area.
Careers & Further Study
This course will ensure that you are prepared to teach in the Further Education and Skills sector. It has been written in direct consultation with further education colleges, considering their perspectives as employers.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to apply for the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) via the Society for Education and Training (SET).
This professional status will qualify you to teach in FE colleges, schools, sixth form colleges, academies, training providers, offender learning/prison education, or in the voluntary sector.
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment in the Education and Training Sector
- Responsive Teaching in the Education and Training Sector
- Professional Engagement in the Education and Training Sector
- Teaching a Specialist Subject in the Education and Training Sector
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 420 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Typically, minimum Level 3 in the subject the trainee intends to teach.
- For the Mathematics and English specialist routes: Typically, applicants will hold minimum Level 3 in Mathematics or English, as appropriate.
- Access to a minimum of 100 hours of teaching over the period of the programme, with suitable Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) documentation and a professional reference.
International14280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.