The Education, Training and Skills programme at Bishop Grosseteste University provides a route into teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector for graduates, and leads to a robust teaching qualification, which is recognised by the sector.
Throughout the programme, modules are delivered concurrently to your teaching practice, allowing you to make robust connections between theory and practice and develop the habit of reflective evaluation.
All modules re-enforce the concept of reflective practice as essential to effective teaching and learning, and personal, professional development.
Careers & Further Study
This course will ensure that you are prepared to teach in the Further Education and Skills sector. It has been written in direct consultation with further education colleges, considering their perspectives as employers.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to apply for the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) via the Society for Education and Training (SET).
This professional status will qualify you to teach in FE colleges, schools, sixth form colleges, academies, training providers, offender learning/prison education, or in the voluntary sector.
- Learning, teaching and assessment in the education and training sector
- Responsive teaching in the education and training sector
- Professional engagement in the education and training sector
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 900 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Typically, minimum Level 3 in the subject the trainee intends to teach.
- For the Mathematics and English specialist routes: Typically, applicants will hold minimum Level 3 in Mathematics or English, as appropriate.
- Access to a minimum of 100 hours of teaching over the period of the programme, with suitable Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) documentation and a professional reference.
International12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12850 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.