The interaction between people and nature is a central theme in several of the programme options. Examples of these include the search for oil, geohazards, water resource management, pollution and climate change.
The Department of Geosciences has a broad research profile, allowing you to choose from a variety of programme options, depending on your academic background, your interests and what you would like to learn more about. And of course, your chosen career, after the conclusion of your studies.
The Master in Geosciences at University of Oslo consists of advanced courses and independent work, including a master's thesis.
You can contribute to advanced knowledge development within a specialised area and its applications:
- You will have advanced knowledge within the broader subject field and specialised insight in a limited area.
- You will have a thorough knowledge of the scientific theories and methods that relate to the subject.
- You can apply your knowledge to new areas within the subject field.
- You can analyse the professional approach to a problem with your background knowledge of the subject area’s history, tradition, distinctive quality, and place in society.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Safety and Physical Environment
- Positive Learning Environment
- Fire Safety
- Field Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeology View 5 other Masters in Geology in Norway
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.