In Cultural Studies at Trent University, you will explore the very foundations of the systems of belief that will determine our future. This program offers an environment that encourages the kind of creative and critical thought that will prepare you for the challenges of the workplace, and for the opportunities of a rewarding life of cultural and political inquiry. Working with your fellow students and professors as part of a closely-knit community, you will read and reflect in your coursework, and then write a critical or creative project to take your thinking to the next level.
Program options include a new one-year major research paper stream, or the traditional two-year thesis stream.
- Prepare yourself for a career that requires informed, creative and dynamic perspectives or for Ph.D. studies.
- Study beyond disciplinary boundaries and collaborate with experts in their fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar on theory, culture and politics
- Topics in continental philosophy
- Media theory
- Science theory
- Aging, Disability, and
- Care in Literature and Culture
- Subjects of desire
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 82 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) with at least B+ (77%) in the last two years of full-time study, or last ten full academic credits
- Demonstrated aptitude for interdisciplinary study
International22066 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22066 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9051 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9051 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.