The MSc in Diagnostics and Precision Medicine from Dublin City University provides structured module-based training at postgraduate level on the latest advances in diagnostics and therapeutics and their relevance for Precision Medicine.
The programme is aimed at:
- Life scientists (including newly qualified graduates)
- Professionals from the diagnostics, biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Medical Practitioners (including General Practitioners and clinicians-in-training)
Who wish to:
- Develop and broaden their knowledge of how new therapies including targeted therapeutics, cell-based therapies and gene modulation technologies are revolutionising the treatment of diseases such as cancer, inflammatory diseases and inherited diseases
- Understand how the integration of diagnostics and therapeutics are changing the landscape of healthcare and medicine through Precision Medicine
- Pursue a career in the biomedical diagnostics, biomedical science and biopharmaceutical industries
- Develop/consolidate their research skills with a view to undertaking further research (e.g. PhD or MD)
- Develop their critical analysis skills and enhance their professional development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental and Applied Immunology
- Applied Biostatistics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Precision Medicine
- Professional Skills for Scientists
- Intro to Cell Biology and Biotechnology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 69 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to the M.Sc. in Diagnostics and Precision Medicine candidates must have a primary degree that equates to an NFQ Level 8 Second-Class Honours, Grade 1 Award (H2.1) in a Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Medical or Chemical discipline.
- In addition, candidates who hold a primary degree (NFQ Level 8), with a Second-Class Honours, Grade 2 Award (H2.2) in one of the relevant degrees and with industrial experience will be considered.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competancy in the English language.
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6812 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6812 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.