By studying this Data Science programme from University of London you will:
- have the option to study one of the specialist pathways in Artificial Intelligence or Financial Technology
- address skills required by data scientists to drive improvements in organisational performance
- have the opportunity to create your own data analysis projects
- earn a prestigious qualification that is valued across the globe.
Managing and analysing big data has become an essential part of modern finance, retail, marketing, social science, development and research, medicine and government.
The benefits of our programme is flexible to address the skills shortage of data scientists who can use data to drive improvements to organisational performance. You will have the opportunity to gain highly-valued skills through the specialist pathways:
MSc Data Science: These skills will lead to a variety of careers with employers from technology firms, the biomedical research sector, the charitable and voluntary sector, and public research sector.
MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence: Embark on a variety of careers with employers from leading technology firms, robotics, military, academia, and public research sector.
MSc Data Science and Financial Technology: For a variety of careers with employers from the financial sector, including financial planning, insurance, marketing, and investment banking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining
- Data Programming in Python
- Machine learning
- Data Visualisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- MSc- 180 credits
- PGDip - 120 credits
- PGCert - 60 credits
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 273 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
To be eligible to register for any of the Data Science programmes, you must have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (or an acceptable equivalent) in a relevant subject which is considered at least comparable to a UK second class honours degree, from an institution acceptable to the University.
- Previous degrees should normally include a sufficient level of programming such as Python detailed in your transcript. Whilst other degrees such as Engineering and Mathematics will be considered on a case by case basis.
- If we consider your previous degree as non-relevant then we will request you take our MOOC, Foundations of Data Science: K-means Clustering in Python, before you start our Data Science programme. This MOOC requires approximately 30 hours of study.
As this is a technical degree, you will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection and a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768. You will also need Adobe Flash Player to view video material and a media player (such as VLC) to play video files.
International8101 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8101 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8101 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8101 GBP per year during 12 months.
Band A countries:
- Independent web-supported student£8101
- Recognised Teaching Centre supported student£4181 + teaching centre fee
Band B countries:
- Independent web-supported student £12101
- Recognised Teaching Centre supported student £6901 + teaching centre fee
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.