At Aalborg University - Esbjerg you can earn an internationally recognized Engineering degree. In the Advanced Power Electronics (APEL) programme at Aalborg University, you will study advanced power electronics, electrical machines with strong focus on control engineering, optimisation and reliability, and integrating renewable energy systems for application sectors.
You will study these topics analytically, numerically and experimentally in an innovative research environment.
This study programme combines contemporary technologies with adaptation from classic technologies such as electronics, power electronics, electrical machines, control engineering with artificial intelligence, reliability and maintenance issues.
This gives you an understanding of the technologies, scientific background involved in the advanced power electronic areas, and its application in systems level studies in a real time environment.
Studying this programme, you learn how to model numerically using advanced software, analyse, synthesise and develop advanced power electronic systems level studies with theoretical background. Further, you will gain the knowledge how power electronics and drives interact with externally connected components or systems.
You will work with and explore topics such as:
- Offshore wind turbine converters and control dynamics
- Power electronic control of underwater robotics used in particular for inspection and maintenance operations
- Diagnostic of power electronic and electrical machine installations
- Optimum control dynamics of drives
- Control of renewable energy systems
- Electric propulsion systems for electric ships and vehicles – (More Electric Vehicles technologies)
- Design of intelligent drone systems for inspection and maintenance
- Design of intelligent control for robotic manipulator systems
- Condition monitoring and maintenance of power electronic and electrical machine systems
- Reliability analysis of power electronics and power systems.
Job and Career
Examples Of Possible Employers In The Areas Of:
- Wind energy for converter and generator design such as Vestas
- Electrical drives such as Danfoss and Grundfos
- High power converters for compensation or active filters or for machine design such as ABB and Siemens
- Control of converters such as KK-Wind Solutions.
- Integration and operation of wind turbines
- Energy optimisation of apparatus, systems and households
- Development of new energy technologies and systems
- Analysing new energy technologies
- Researching energy resources
- Assessing the sustainability of different forms of energy
- Diagnostics and maintenance
- Control development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Scientific Paper and Conference on Diagnosis and Maintenance
- System Identification and Diagnosis
- Condition Monitoring and Product Life Cycle Management
- Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Applied Statistics
- Control Theory and MATLAB
- Non-linear Control and Reliability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 8 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants with a legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Engineering (Applied Industrial Electronics), Aalborg University - Esbjerg
Applicants without a legal claim to admission are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Engineering (Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Electrical Energy), Aalborg University, Aalborg campus
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Engineering (Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Mechatronics), Aalborg University, Aalborg campus
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Engineering (Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Dynamic Systems), Aalborg University - Esbjerg
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6770 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.