The Master's in Human Rights Studies programme from Lund University combines historical, philosophical, political, and legal perspectives on the complex phenomenon that human rights represent in our world. We are committed to the view that human rights need to be regarded and studied not only as ethical principles or ground for law and policy, but also as part of the infrastructure of a democratic society.
The programme prepares you for a future in research or for human rights work in the public, non-profit, or private sector. This is a newly launched programme, which, as yet, has no graduates. The experience from our Bachelor’s programme in Human Rights Studies is that analytical and practical skills in the human rights field are highly and increasingly sought after. Former students work at NGOs, think-tanks, embassies and in the public sector, doing consultancy, communication and research and development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Rights in the Global World: Agents, Indicators and Institutions
- Human Rights in the History of Politics and Philosophy
- Human Rights in Practice: Research Methods, Research Ethics and Project Management
- Thematic Specialisation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in human rights or other relevant major in the humanities, social sciences, law, or the equivalent. English Level 6.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in a subject other than Human Rights Studies must demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge of the subject through specialisation or a degree project.
- Basis of previous study results from courses that are of relevance for this programme, the statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation.
International9475 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18950 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 200 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.