As a student on this fully accredited one-year part-time programme, you will gain experience of caring for patients with a variety of complex needs and have the opportunity to work alongside our ANPs in services such as Rapid Access Treatment Service (RATS), Minor Assessment Treatment (MATU) and chest pain.
In addition, as Beaumont Hospital is a national referral centre, you will also gain knowledge and experience in caring for patients with specialist needs such as neurosurgery, neurology (interventional radiology), ENT, renal, vascular and urology, and have ample opportunity to learn from experts in these fields.
This Emergency Nursing programme from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate the holistic assessment of the patient and family who present to the emergency department (ED) in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Explore the nursing management of patients with acute psychiatric disorders and alcohol related illness in the ED.
- Discuss the ongoing management and nursing interventions of patients with specific acute surgical illness.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse and the MDT in the provision of advanced trauma life support.
- Evaluate the nursing management of patients with medical and cardiac illness.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse in the management of patients who require advanced airway management and advanced cardiac life support.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Professional Critical Reflexivity and Competence
- Core Concepts in Emergency Nursing
- Acute Medical, Surgical and Trauma Emergency Nursing
- Consolidating and Advancing Practice in Emergency Nursing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 100 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be an active RGN with the Opens in new windowNMBI.
- Hold a NFQ level 8 qualification such as a BSc or equivalent.
- Be currently working in the speciality area.
International6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6560 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6560 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.