In an age where social media storytelling, data-driven journalism, user experience considerations and community engagement have replaced traditional one-way journalism, the heart of content creation and dissemination is an exciting place to be.
The Media and Communications program at Macquarie University focuses on digital production, distribution, and audience communication and engagement strategies, as well as on online journalism and media practices.
Armed with such contemporary knowledge and skills, you’ll accelerate your career in fast-moving contemporary media and communications environments across the world.
- Advertising and PR specialist
- Arts and cultural administrator
- Creative media entrepreneur
- Creative media marketing and promotion specialist
- Global communications adviser
- Government arts policy adviser or cultural attaché
- Government communications policy adviser
- Media policy and strategy adviser
- Media writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media production Foundation
- Media and Communications: Creative Contexts
- Media and Communications: Technologies
- Media and Communications: Representations
- Storytelling Techniques
- Digital Media Strategies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 57 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099507K
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, and two years relevant approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65 and two years relevant approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.