Economic decision making by governments, businesses and individuals can significantly impact our lives, behaviour and wellbeing.
Applied economic analysis has become an increasingly important field, requiring people who are skilled at analysing and interpreting economic data to inform decisions about everything from healthcare to financial policy, economic growth and development, natural resources and the environment, the organisation and structure of markets.
The Applied Economics program at Macquarie University has two distinctive features: the importance placed on context and the application of theory to the solution of real world problems; and the opportunity for you to undertake interdisciplinary studies, which recognises that applied economists work in increasingly varied and diverse fields that cross traditional discipline boundaries.
- Professional service firms such as Deloitte and PwC
- Australian government bodies such as Reserve Bank of Australia and Australian Bureau of Statistics
- International bodies such as United Nations and World Bank.
Potential job titles: Economist, Market Analyst, Statistician, Market Researcher, Policy Adviser, Economist, Public Servant, Financial Analyst, International Policy Adviser.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomic Topics
- Applied Macroeconomic Topics
- Applied Economics Project
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Macroeconomic Policy
- Topics in Applied Econometrics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International students: It is a good idea to apply at least two to three months before Session begins.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 280 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 097429B
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Minimum two years relevant approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.