You will apply theoretical principles, data and methods to ensure that design is optimised for human well-being and overall system performance. You will also have the option to select one of the following specialist streams: human factors for inclusive design, human factors in transport, human factors and ergonomics for patient safety, or ergonomics in health and community care.
You will benefit from teaching provided by world-leading academics, industry experts and specialists, ensuring that you are trained to the highest professional standard. Previous guest speakers for this programme include industry experts from Humanscale, EDF Energy, Rolls Royce and AMEC, as well as specialists in health and safety, aviation safety, environmental health, health practitioners and experienced lecturers from other universities.
Successful completion of this master's Ergonomics and Human Factors programme at Loughborough University will enable you to become a professional ergonomics or human factors practitioner. The broad nature of the programme also opens up career opportunities in other scientific and research careers too.
Example jobs held by our recent graduates include:
- Chief Trials Officer
- Ergonomist and Automotive Engineer
- Graduate Human Factors Engineer
- Human Factors Consultant
- Usability Designer/Engineer
- User Researcher
- UX/Human Factors/Risk Consultant
Ergonomics and Human Factors MSc is professionally recognised by the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF). As the CIEHF is affiliated with the International Ergonomics Association, our graduates are exposed to a range of valuable employment opportunities worldwide.
- Cognitive Ergonomics
- Physical Ergonomics
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Occupational Ergonomics
- Human Factors and Systems
- Occupational Ergonomics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Management Studies Organisational Behaviour View 537 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Loughborough University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in various disciplines, such as design, engineering, psychology, computer science, sports science, management, medicine or nursing etc.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.