Architecture from The American University in Cairo focuses on finding and building connections between Architecture and other relevant disciplines at AUC. Exploring these connections is inherent in the essence of architecture as a multidisciplinary domain, always seeking new questions and finding alternate paths by bridging with other domains. The new program also capitalizes on the rich cultural and heritage background in Egypt. These can form a strong basis for unique architectural investigations that are rooted in Egypt and the Middle East and are of interest to many international scholars.
Graduates of the program will become excellent candidates for the local and international graduate architectural studies and architectural design firms. They will be well equipped to pursue their PhD studies and conduct scientific research upon completion of the master's degree.
Students at Architecture from The American University in Cairo will:
- Demonstrate sufficient academic and applied skills in architecture for employment within the architectural international and local firms and/or pursue a PhD degree in Architecture
- Demonstrate critical thinking towards architectural current paradigms towards making an impact in the future of the architectural domain
- Demonstrate awareness of the issues inherent in the multidisciplinary nature of the built environment and address them in a comprehensive and inclusive way
- Demonstrate awareness of the issues inherent in the rich culture and heritage of Egypt and the Middle East with a critical eye to relevant contexts
- Work individually or within multidisciplinary teams and provide leadership to integrate different specialized groups
- Philosophy & Theory of Architecture
- Critical Thinking in Architectural Design
- Cross Talk: Implemntation Science and Engineering
- Research Methods in Architecture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Interior Design View 5 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International17640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.