The Architecture degree from The American University in Cairo focuses on finding and building connections between Architecture and other relevant disciplines at AUC. Exploring these connections is inherent in the essence of architecture as a multidisciplinary domain, always seeking new questions and finding alternate paths by bridging with other domains. The new program also capitalizes on the rich cultural and heritage background in Egypt. These can form strong basis for unique architectural investigations that are rooted in Egypt and the Middle-East, and are of interest to many international scholars.
Graduates of the program will become excellent candidates for the local and international graduate architectural studies and architectural design firms. They will be well equipped to pursue their PhD studies and conduct scientific research upon completion of the MSc. Degree.The objectives of the Master of Science in Architecture are to:
- Enable students to learn how to bridge between architecture and other disciplines in order to develop a responsive built environment.
- Enable students to explore the nature and substance of other field(s) to identify overlaps and value to address architectural issues.
- Develop an understanding of the interplay of economic, social, psychological and tectonic aspects in shaping the built environment.
- Develop an understanding of the past, present and future paradigms of Architecture.
- Reflect on “What’s Next”, pose relevant questions, explore different directions, paths, or modes of thinking and frames of mind derived from a clear contextual understanding.
- Develop competence in the formulation of, conduct and pursue of comprehensive research questions integrating other related disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy & Theory of Architecture
- Critical Thinking in Architectural Design
- Cross Talk: Implemntation Science and Engineering
- Research Methods in Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A candidate for the Masters of Science program in Architecture must have a B.Sc. degree in Architecture or allied disciplines. Admission is also subject to the general university requirements for the graduate program including English language proficiency.
- A research proposal assessed by the graduate faculty committee is required for admission to ensure a acceptable level of research capabilities. Students who have some deficiency in their undergraduate training but are well-qualified in other aspects may be admitted provisionally. The Department of Architecture may prescribe a program of noncredit work to make up for the deficiency.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National579 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 579 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.