Biomedical Engineering programme at the University of Basel students can choose among courses in image-guided therapy or biomaterials & nanotechnology to learn the basics of a broad spectra of medical devices used for diagnostics, surgery and treatment.
Biomedical engineers are engaging for example in digitization, automation, optimization and development of novel medical diagnostic and treatment devices in academia and industry.
The Master of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering is an excellent preparation for a scientific career (doctoral program) in Biomedical Engineering, for example at the Medical Faculty of the University of Basel, or for other professions in the medical technology industry. Graduates are able to support medical experts in a clinical environment and in health care institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Materials in Medicine
- Dentistry Digital Dentistry
- Cells and Technologies in Regenerative Medicine
- Computer-Assisted Surgery
- Medical Image Analysis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 9 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Master's program is at the request of the Examination Committee of the Faculty. This recommends the Rectorate's admission or rejection.
- If a Bachelor's degree meets the requirements of the respective Master's degree program only partially, admission to the Master's degree program may take place with the requirement to complete courses from the Bachelor's degree program.
International1598 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 799 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1598 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 799 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.