The MA in STEM Education at King's College London will provide a national, international and practically-oriented understanding of the ways in which core debates across formal and informal STEM education can shape responses to pressing social and environmental questions.
- Engage in contemporary empirical and practical debates concerning STEM-related education leading to the development of skills to critically analyse and develop educational practice.
- Gain academic skills and practical knowledge of research methodologies, and learn to apply historical, social, political and philosophical perspectives to social questions.
- Work with academics who are world-leading in their fields and committed to high quality research-led education. As well as having an extensive history of STEM related education research, the experience of the course team extends beyond academia to include work with professional societies, subject associations and a variety of informal learning institutions.
- Gain unique insights into STEM-education organisations through optional internships. Our links with organisations and institutions across London will provide you with an array of opportunities for learning and forging new relationships.
- Study in a friendly, vibrant and supportive School, located by the Thames in the heart of central London.
The MA in STEM Education provides a rigorous intellectual and practical grounding for: aspiring and current STEM faculty heads and senior leaders working in local authority, academy trusts and private chains, locally, nationally and internationally; aspiring and current education staff working in STEM-related organisations including private firms, government departments, Societies, professional institutions and informal learning contexts (e.g museums, science centres, maker-spaces). The programme will also provide a good basis for STEM graduates with aspirations to work in organisations that shape the STEM education policy and communication agenda.
- Principles and Policy of STEM Education
- Research Methods and Dissertation
- Environmental Education: Sustainability and Society
- Leading Practice in STEM (Computing, Maths & Science)
- Recent development in digital technologies in education
- STEM: Making and Creating
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biology Microbiology View 116 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
- In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9870 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fees: £4,935 per year
- Overseas fees: £9,870 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.