The program of Physics at University of Alberta have 49 professors and about 50 research associates who do research with our approximately 150 graduate students. University of Alberta has a strong commitment to excellence, and it offers among the best teaching and research facilities in Canada.If you've come to this webpage looking for information about our graduate programs, please take a look at our Graduate Prospectus and also check out the various Research Groups and feel free to email any potential research supervisor about his or her research program and opportunities for new graduate students in his or her research group.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Astrophysics and Space Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science
- Particle Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 48 other Masters in Physics in Canada
- We require a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale for each of the last two years of your undergraduate program and in post-graduate studies, if applicable.
- Minimum requirements from other countries will be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) website.
- Additional assets include detailed and supportive reference letters, research experience, publications and conference presentations
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.