At both the MSc and PhD levels in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Alberta, prospective students can apply directly to our programs and if qualified, may also choose to apply at the same time to the Graduate Program in Maternal and Child Health (MatCH). The Obstetrics & Gynecology Graduate Program is coordinated by Dr. Denise Hemmings, an Associate Professor in our Division of Reproductive Sciences.Several of our department members have cross-appointments to departments in the basic medical sciences, including Physiology, Medical Microbiology & Immunology and Oncology. Graduate programs leading to a PhD degree may also be offered through these departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Pregnancy complications
- Maternal and fetal outcomes
- Regulation of vascular function
- Impact of pregnancy hormones on vascular function
- Infections and pregnancy
- Estrogen and aging
- Control of parturition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 99 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- Admission is competitive; meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- You must meet the minimum requirements in all subjects, even after receiving an admission offer, in order to remain admissible. (See your admission offer letter for more details.)
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.