Inspired by how the human brain works, machines can learn, analyze and make decisions. As an inventor, you can improve existing machine learning methods and find new Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods, thereby helping to shape our future.
"Deep Learning" is the driving force of recent developments and breakthroughs in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Deep Learning is based on artificial neural networks and is currently the most successful approach to the way machines learn as well as improving the way to function independently and without human intervention.
Neural networks - artificial abstraction models in the human brain - are trained using modern learning algorithms and huge datasets. The result is that speech recognition systems improve independently; cars drive autonomously based on environmental sensor information; medical applications exceed a physician's performance.
What Makes This Program Special
- The Master's degree program in "Artificial Intelligence" at the Johannes Kepler University Linz puts you ahead of your time. By focusing on deep learning, you are stepping into the future in terms of Artificial Intelligence. Deep Learning is technology of the future, and companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple and many other IT giants rely on it.
- The Master's degree program in Artificial Intelligence at the JKU makes you unique: It is among one of the first AI degree programs in Europe. There is no comparable degree program in Austria .
- Human or machine? Clearly both. At the JKU, you will learn how Artificial Intelligence can serve society - but also where the dangers lie. The curriculum also focuses on the social and legal impacts.
Graduates of the Bachelor's degree program possess a broad range of high-level skills and expertise and are highly sought after in business and industry:
- Information Technology: Austria currently lacks over 10,000 IT specialists, particularly AI experts.
- Manufacturing and Supply Chains: As a specialist and manager, you can develop AI systems to control the flow of goods. As an analyst you can use AI methods to extract corresponding relationships and new information from available data: Where are the weak links in the supply chain? Which parts can be better optimized and how?
- Medicine and Healthcare: Use AI methods to improve diagnostic processes
- Transportation: Use AI methods to help design and develop autonomous vehicles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Machine Learning and Perception
- Elective Track
- Master Thesis
- Free Electives
- Area of Specialization
- AI and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 4 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit proof of B2 level of language proficiency in English.
Successful completion of the Bachelor's degree program Artificial Intelligence at the JKU allows you to enroll in the Master's degree program in Artificial Intelligence without any admission constraints.
If you earned an undergraduate degree in one of the following programs at the JKU (or completed a comparable degree program at another university), you will be required to take 9 ECTS credits in Machine Learning and Statistics:
- Electronic and Information Technology
- Statistics and Data Science
- Technical Mathematics
- Technical Physics
- Business Informatics
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.