During the first semester of the Materials Chemistry and Mineralogy programme offered by the University of Bremen fundamentals of all core subjects are presented in lectures and accompanying exercises, including mineralogy, crystallography, chemistry and materials science. Furthermore, a two-semester training in a number of analytical methods starts and is continued in the second semester.
Students at Materials Chemistry and Mineralogy programme offered by the University of Bremen will gain knowledge in:
- Materials-oriented industries such as glass, ceramics, refractories, paper, dye, pharmaceuticals, gemstones and building materials,
- Materials-dependent fields such as biomineralization, dentistry, electronics, energy supply and storage, and crystal growth,
- Recycling, waste management and remediation industries,
- Materials research at universities and other research institutes,
- Knowledge-based work in quality management, patent systems, environmental authorities, education and consulting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical methods
- Materials science
- Solid state synthesis and identification
- Structure property relationship
- Surface chemistry and catalysis
- Functional surfaces
- Technical chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Summer start is for advanced students only.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Chemistry View 28 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- subject Crystallography or Mineralogy
- at least 10 ECTS CP in maths, physics and chemistry (each)
- at least 24 ECTS CP in mineralogy, crystallography, materials science, and/or in chemistry (in addition, s. before)
- passing the specific aptitude test
- very good command of English (level B2.2)
- explicit interest in natural science and materials, their use, characterization and development
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- intercultural competence
- application of admission (to be filled in online, printed and signed)
- curriculum vitae in a tabular form
- bachelor degree, if already completed, + other university degree certificates (if any)
- current transcript of records (all modules/courses taken with grades and study points/CP) with at least 100 ECTS CPs
- evidence of relevant professional or non-professional skills and experience, if any
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
In Bremen, there are no tuition fees. But you do have to pay a semester contribution: 386,39 euro.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.