One of the fields connected to the Master of Science in Financial Mathematics at METU Middle East Technical University is Actuarial Sciences and its academic program at IAM. By analyzing uncertainty of real-life events, actuaries create and apply mathematical tools which aim at detecting, modeling and overcoming of risks.
The objectives of the Financial Mathematics program at IAM are:
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills which are necessary for comprehending and applying established and emerging techniques of Financial Mathematics and related fields in modern markets
- To cultivate the students’ ability in creating new, innovative techniques
- To analyze, advise and manage financial markets in Turkey and in the world
- To conduct research on risk modeling and management, modelling of stochastic processes, pricing and hedging, portfolio optimization and stochastic control, and on the development of new financial decision-making tools
- To present and discuss new scientific results and methods at international conferences, in premium journals and books, to initiate future research cooperation, and to contribute to a solution of urgent financial challenges.
- Probability Theory
- Financial Derivatives
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Financial Economics
- Research Methods and Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 7 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- METU-EPE≥64.5 or TOEFL≥79 (see Equivalence Table for Recognised Exams)
- or GRE-quant.≥155 (GRE-quant.≥696)
- At least two (2) reference letters
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per semester during 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.