A Master of Science in Cryptography at METU Middle East Technical University is about achieving information security in an electronic society requires a vast array of technical and legal skills. With the information processing and telecommunications revolutions well underway, there is an increasing demand for techniques for keeping information secret, for determining that information has not been tampered with, and for determining the author of the information.
In view of the research interest of the cryptography group, the objectives of the Cryptography Graduate Program can be summarized as follows:
- To conduct a graduate program leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Cryptography
- To provide a mathematical treatment to the practical aspects of conventional and public-key cryptography
- To introduce mathematical tools for serious practitioner in need of the latest techniques and algorithms
- To evolve into an internationally recognized center for research in cryptography and related areas of information security.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applications of Finite Fields
- Public Key Cryptography
- Block Ciphers
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Basic Mathematics for Cryptography
- MSc Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIT Security View 6 other Masters in IT Security in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- METU-EPE≥64.5 or TOEFL≥79 (see Equivalence Table for Recognised Exams)
- or GRE-quant.≥155 (GRE-quant.≥696)
- At least two (2) reference letters
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
International224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 112 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National36 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.