The Master of Science in Actuarial Science at METU Middle East Technical University is in a newly emerging field of science with full of potential for career growth and plenty of promises for high profile career opportunities. Actuarial Science is already considered as one of the top five potential job fields according to categories work environment, employment outlook, job security, growth opportunity, and salary in the USA. In Turkey, there is a high demand to produce knowledge for actuarial analysis and to have well-educated actuaries to deal with modelling real life data problem of actuarial sciences.
Moreover, actuaries could be employed as:
- professionals to design pension and benefit plans
- evaluate assets and liabilities
- reduce the risk factors companies exposed to.
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Actuarial Risk Theory
- Pension Fund Mathematics
- Elements of Statistics and Probability
- Life Insurance Mathematics
- Research Methods and Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 7 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- METU-EPE≥64.5 or TOEFL≥79 (see Equivalence Table for Recognised Exams)
- or GRE-quant.≥155 (GRE-quant.≥696)
- At least two (2) reference letters
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
International614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 307 USD per semester during 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.