The primary aim of the Master of Science in Multimedia Informatics at METU Middle East Technical University is to educate its students on state-of-the-art multimedia technologies including computer vision and audition, motion capture and tracking, affective computing, ambient intelligence, virtual/augmented realities, and game technologies.
The advent in multimedia informatics made it possible to design:
- audio and video compression methods (such as MP3 and MPEG-4)
- novel display technologies such as Oculus Rift
- intelligent agents such as Siri
- realistic 3D games such as Call of Duty
- novel interaction devices such as Kinect and Hololens.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Multimedia Signal Processing
- Machine Learning for Multimedia
- Emotion Oriented Systems
- Communication Acoustics
- Motion Capture, Analysis and Synthesis
- Multimedia Standards
- Perceptual Computing and Multimodal Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Video Games & Multimedia
- Minimum requirements for your application to be considered are ALES 75 (or equivalent), GPA 2.5, METU EPE 65 (or equaivalent).
- The applicants invited for the interviews are shortlisted based on the following combination of grades: 50% ALES + 20% (B.Sc.) GPA + 30% interview
- Additionally two reference letters are required
- A 1-page letter of intent (in English). The applicant is also required to state the track (MMI-M or MMI-G) that s/he is applying for.
International268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 134 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National46 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.