The Master of Science in Oceanography at METU Middle East Technical University has the scope to study the:
- determination of physical structure of our seas
- sea-atmosphere interactions and their effects on the climate system
- studies on the concentration, distribution and affects on water quality of substances transported via the atmosphere and sediments
- interaction of chemical / biological / physical processes; the relationship between the climate and carbon cycle
- genetic biodiversity, species diversity and ecosystem processes
- how gas cycles interact with atmospheric and marine particles
- how atmospheric nutrient inputs can affect marine production and determination of how these processes affect climate
- research on ocean-ice-atmosphere interactions with the Antarctic and Arctic ecosystems.
- Introduction to Oceanography
- Biogeochemistry of Seafloor Ecosystems
- Programming in R for Marine Sciences
- Trophic Modeling with ECOPATH with ECOSIM and Quantification of Ecosystem Health
- Chemical Oceanography
- Geochemical Cycles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation View 3 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Turkey
- Application Form
- ALES or GRE
- English Proficiency
- Bachelor Diploma
- Transcript(s) (Authorized by the University or notarised)
- Reference Letters
- Application Fee Receipt
International Applies to you268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 134 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National Applies to you46 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.