On the Master of Science in Marine Geology and Geophysics at METU Middle East Technical University, you'll learn about the morphological structure, nature, thickness and geochemical structure and distribution of the rocks and sediments forming the seafloor and ‘mbsf’ are determined by various methods and tools.
At METU-IMS deep-sea research have been carried out in four interconnected programs:
- deep-sea chemosynthetic ecosystems
- seafloor characterization and habitat mapping
- marine chemical sensors
- sediment geochemistry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Oceanography
- Biogeochemistry of Seafloor Ecosystems
- Programming in R for Marine Sciences
- Trophic Modeling with ECOPATH with ECOSIM and Quantification of Ecosystem Health
- Chemical Oceanography
- Geochemical Cycles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Geology View 7 other Masters in Physics in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- ALES or GRE
- English Proficiency
- Bachelor Diploma
- Transcript(s) (Authorized by the University or notarised)
- Reference Letters
- Application Fee Receipt
International268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 134 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National46 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.