The Master of Science in Earth System Science at METU Middle East Technical University is an interdisciplinary program aiming to explore, understand and teach the Earth, its relevant complex processes, past and future evolution and its interactions with the society.
The program emphasizes a research-oriented, global systems approach to study the:
- including their interrelationships and interactions with the biosphere.
Emphasis is on the observation and quantitative analysis of the Earth system with human inflicted problems. Students completing the program will be qualified to pursue careers that require knowledge of the basics of Earth system science and the requisite tools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Ecology
- Major Concepts in Ecology
- Plant Biodiversity and Conservation
- Biodiversity and Habitat Conservation
- Freshwater Ecology
- Introduction to Space Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Without a thesis: 30 credits
- 2 Reference letters (2)
- Letter of intent
- Evaluation by Interview (If necessary)
- Please check institute web page for equivalence tables for English proficiency and GRE
- ALES score type has to be quantitative or Equal-weight.
International224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 112 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National36 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.