Urban development issues and urban planning interventions constitute core interest areas of the urban planning discipline in the world and in Turkey.
The Master of City Planning at METU Middle East Technical University aims to develop specialized points of view and new understandings within this domain.
City Planning Graduate Program is completed in four semesters (two years):
- In the first two semesters theoretical and applied courses are offered;
- whereas, in the last two semesters, it is expected that the student would work on master’s thesis under the supervision of his/her thesis advisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning Studio
- New Modes of Intervention in Planning
- Introduction to Research Methods and Ethics in Planning and Design
- Planning Theory
- Planning Studio
- Min. 70 METU EPE Result,
- Min. 60 ALES (Quantitative) (Check fbe.metu.edu.tr for ALES-GRE (old/new) conversion chart),
- Min. 2.5 in B.S. CGPA,
- 2 Reference Letters,
- Letter of intention (included in the online form),
- Portfolio (studies carried out during BSc, etc.),
- B.S. or M.S. degree and at least one of these degrees should be in City and Regional Planning Department (CRP) or in related tracks of CRP
International222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 111 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National38 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 835 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.