Objectives of the Master of Science in Biology at METU Middle East Technical University are mainly to train the the students to carry out basic and applied research in areas covering:
- molecular genetics
- ecological and evolutionary genetics
- cancer biology
- plant sciences
- molecular biophysics
- molecular pharmacology and toxicology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- Concepts in biology
- Introduction in Molecular Biology
- General Biology
- ALES Score must be QPuantitative.
- Two (2) Reference Letters are required*
- * Graduates of METU BIO and GENE programs are not required to submit.
- * Ph.D: One of them must be from M.S. thesis advisor.
- Letter of Intent emphasizing the field of study is required.
- In the application form "Intended Area of Research" section must be filled.
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per semester during 24 months.
National38 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.