Supplying a world with a steadily growing population and wealth with sustainable energy is one of the biggest challenges of our time. It requires a fundamental transformation of the global energy sector – and it requires well-educated engineers to implement this transformation and manage future energy systems. You can become one of them by studying Renewable Energy and Data Engineering at Offenburg University of Applied Sciences!
A qualification in Renewable Energy and Data Engineering opens doors to fulfillling and successful careers in a wide range of sectors, including the following:
- energy companies with worldwide operations
- international utilities
- regional utilities in Germany
- international engineering companies
- manufacturers of power plant equipment for renewable energy conversion
- grid operators
- energy trading companies
- energy research institutes
- public agencies in the energy sector
- energy management positions in various branches
In cooperation with one of our partner universities, Offenburg University also offers some graduates of our Master's degree programs the possibility to pursue a doctorate, as for example at the University of Freiburg's Graduation School KleE in cooperation with the Fraunhofer ISE institute.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conversion of Primary Energy
- Storage, Transport and DIstribution Energy
- Final Energy Usage
- Energy Economics
- Energy Informatics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Data Science & Big Data View 24 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Excellence: Your Bachelor’s final grade should be above average
- (B or better, 3.0 or better, ... )
- English language proficiency
- German language proficiency (see note below): level B1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (does not apply for native speakers)
- A bachelor of science degree in either Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Energy Engineering is recommended
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment in which different cultures, ideas, perspectives, and approaches will be encountered
- Readiness to attend German language courses in order to better learn about German culture and daily life in this country
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Offenburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.