A central component of the degree programme in Development, Environment, Societies, and History of South Asia at the University of Heidelberg is to familiarise the students with multi- and interdisciplinary approaches right from the beginning and to enable them to independently and critically work in multicultural environments.
Occupational AreasThe degree programme is research-oriented and enables students to enroll in a doctoral programme in the selected area of specialisation. Graduates can also find work in the following areas:
- non-university research
- international communication
- diversity management
- public relations
- international organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe academic programme in the major subject is generally divided into
- compulsory courses that must be taken by all students
- elective courses that students can freely select from the range of subject modules (a second specialisation or two supplementary fields).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Sustainable Development Environmental Management View 28 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.