The Teaching (Primary) program at the University of Sydney makes you attend lectures and complete assignments about issues in teaching, learning and curriculum in all school years from Kindergarten to the Higher School Certificate. Various electives are offered in addition to the compulsory coursework, which covers teaching in multilingual classrooms (TESOL) and the Primary School Key Learning Areas of:
- Science and technology
- Human society and its environment (HSIE)
- Creative and practical arts
- Personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
The University of Sydney has an international reputation for excellence. Many of our Master of Teaching students are offered full-time employment before completing their degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aboriginal Students K-6
- Children's Literature and Literacy
- Conversations about Factual Texts
- Creative Arts K-6
- English 1 K-6
- Human Society and its Environment K-6
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 130 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 020155D
- a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; and
- completion of the curriculum area specialisation requirements specified by the Faculty; and
- completion of any additional qualifying courses prescribed by the Faculty.
International44000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.