The Information and Library Studies MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University boasts library resources amongst the best in Europe.
Department of Information Management, Libraries & Archives lecturers are either qualified to PhD level or work in areas of the subject where professional practices are the focus. Many of the staff engage in research relevant to the theoretical and practical development of the discipline and the associated professions.
Qualification: MA/Diploma in Information and Library Studies
Our alumni include a number of current and former national librarians (Scotland, Wales, Malta and Malaysia), the first black national librarian in South Africa, and the former Director of the Bureau for Library and Information Services at the United Nations.
In addition to the traditional library and information service sector, our graduates also go on to work as:
- Information Officers
- Information Managers
- Information Systems Officers
- Information Analysts
- Computer Systems Officers
- Information Organisation and Retrieval
- Information Services: Planning for Delivery
- Information and Society
- Collection Management
- Studies in Management
- Collections Care
- Digital Collection Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLibrary Science Management Studies Media Management View 1919 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (in any discipline) at undergraduate level plus a minimum of 6 weeks’ relevant work experience. Candidates with equivalent experience and qualifications will be considered.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.