The Data Science MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University ranges from identifying customers’ buying patterns and monitoring machinery to tracking the spread of a disease and logging and improving an individual's health. There is therefore a huge unfilled demand for graduates with skills in ‘Big Data’.
The range of careers to which our graduates advance is vast and continuously expanding. Examples of pathways our previous graduates have taken include working for/ as:
- Investment banks
- Product Managers
- setting up their own companies
- Developing careers in research
There are many opportunities for Data Scientists in the jobs market, and whatever your intention post-MSc, you will be offered support with your career planning.
- Modelling, Managing and Securing Data
- Programming for Scientists
- Statistical Concepts, Methods and Tools
- Applied Data Mining
- Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems
- Statistical Techniques for Computational Scientists
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 416 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Generally, the minimum entry requirement for most Taught Masters courses is a lower second class honours degree (2:2). However, some departments may require 2:2 degrees with a score of 56.5 or above (e.g. Department of International Politics) or relevant work experience (e.g Distance Learning courses).
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.