This blend of business and science is designed for students wanting management or leadership roles working with data.
You will be able to engage with the latest developments from a range of Computer Science topics with leading academics in the field. Course content draws directly upon our particular research strengths in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, high performance computing and networks, and cyber-security.
This MSc is career-focused, with an emphasis on postgraduate training. You will develop a wide range of important skills such as team-working, coding, independent research and problem solving. This course is suited to those looking to use their expertise commercially in any sector, particularly in management or leadership roles.Your project, which forms a major part of the MSc, will maintain a business focus as you explore data science in a commercial environment.
Computer Science is at the forefront of technology and innovation. With connectivity at the heart of society, there is an increasing need for graduates who are able to understand the latest techniques and technology to negotiate problems. Huge opportunities exist for the businesses and individuals who can solve these problems using the latest technology such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, high performing computing and cyber security.
MSc Advanced Computer Science with Business at The University of Exeter is designed for the business leaders of the future. By combining advanced Computer Science with modules in Management, Strategy and Accounting this programme provides a postgraduate experience that gives our graduates a competitive edge in the job market and beyond.Career opportunities are limitless, with graduates being found in a variety of sectors, including software engineering, health communications, education, life sciences, finance and manufacturing. This programme is particularly suited to professionals and graduates looking to develop career options or pursue academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Group Development Project
- Computer Science Business Project
- Logic, Ontology, and Knowledge Representation
- Nature-Inspired Computation
- Research Methodology
- Machine Learning
- Computer Modelling and Simulation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 58 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
- Candidates are required to have at least a 2:1 degree in computer science or a related area. This is an advanced programme and requires substantial previous knowledge of computer science (equivalent to that gained from an undergraduate degree in this area).
- Candidates must be able to show evidence of good programming ability in a recognised modern computer language. Candidates may be interviewed by video conference to assess their programming ability and suitability for the course.
- We may consider applications with non-standard qualifications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience, or relevant professional qualifications.
International21450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.